Thursday, August 14, 2008

Goodbye America

I'm closing in on my last few hours in the United States of America and thought that this epic moment in my life deserved its own blog entry.

I just spent an awesome day and a half in New York City with my grandpa before departing for London/Edinburgh. Saw a couple Broadway shows (In The Heights and Boeing Boeing) which were great (except for Boeing Boeing which was terrible), and even met up with Casey at 1 in the morning last night when we discovered we were both in Manhattan. By the way, don't take the subway at like, 3 in the morning...not fun.

Well, I've written a goodbye note to all the people I just had to leave. I was planning on writing like, individual little notes to some people to tell them how great they are but then I decided that'd be way too sad, and too much like I was dying. So in lieu of that I wrote everyone this:

I didn’t have it in me to say any real goodbyes this time, or to let those I needed to let know know how I much I care about them. I’m not good at that. But it's not the end of the world, because the people I need to see again I will make sure I see.

Okay I'm off...wave goodbye to America for me.

Sensitively,

Adam

No comments: